Monday, May 21, 2012

Yellow Polka Dots

While finding the right jeans to wear on a Sunday mass, I saw my old blue pants hidden in that closet for years. I thought of a way in which I could make use of it again and alter it in the most fashionable way. Here's what I did:

MATERIALS: PANTS, TEXTILE PAINT, BRUSH

I painted yellow spots on my blue jeans to achieve a quirky look (that I am a sucker of!).  

I never thought that this would be the effect of textile paint on jeans. It just looks very messy and the paint seems uneven. When it dried, it look even worse.

As a solution, I used fabric paint and laid it on top of the textile paint.

It doesn't really seem perfect but the yellow color popped out and complimented the blue color. I also cut the pants shorter to make my legs look longer. It somehow looked chic and edgy since most fashion trends today were animal prints, patterns, polka dots and the like. 

What do you think?? :)

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...