Sunday, June 17, 2012

Fashion Designer Meets Painter





 When I was reading Business Mirror, this article about Frederick Peralta's collaboration with Dominic Rubio greeted me with excitement. I've known Frederick Peralta because of his Filipiniana-inspired works but this is the first time I've heard of Dominic Rubio. His paintings are really polished and commendable. I am already a fan!


Frederick Peralta has represented the country for two international competitions: the Asean Design Competition in Singapore and  Internacional Concour des Jeunes Creatuer de Mode. He won both.  He has also designed clothes for Assunta De Rossi, Joyce Jimenez, and Miriam Quiambao! 

Dominic Rubio, on the other hand, is (could you believe it!) a graduate of commercial arts from the University of Santo Tomas. He consistently developed his painting style when he did exhibits and shows around the Philippines. One could clearly notice his painting from the rest because of his canvas imprint of elongated necks, chinky-eyed Filipinas and miniature background.


                   
I love the emphasis on the clothes in the paintings. I find them very elegant. Frederick Peralta's designs are also chic and very Filipino.

 



They'll be having the show from June 28, 2012 to July 4, 2012 at The Atrium of The Podium. I really want to be there. I just hope there will be no classes within those dates.

6 comments:

  1. If you go to the show, let us know how it went ;) Hope you'll make it!
    LA By Diana Live Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment on my blog! I am now following you!:-) Hope you will follow back:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Sure,I'll follow you too! =)

      Delete
  3. so informative! too cool. :))

    ferreroandfate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...