Friday, July 20, 2012

Korean Food Invasion

Since I started this blog, most of my posts that have been getting some traffic are reviews of restaurant interiors here and here.  So here's another one that my friends and I visited recently, the very famous BonChon! 

I haven't gone back to BonChon since my first visit and my tongue was craving for its chicken--- the juiciest, most sumptuous I ever had! When BonChon came into view, there was no question where to eat and my friends didn't need much forcing. It was totally worth it for we were not only served heavenly chicken but also greeted with its beautiful interior. 




The places indicated here are most likely the cities they've had their branches already. It's nice to know that they've thought of putting one in the Philippines. Moving aside to the architectural materials, if I'm not mistaken, this one's made of plywood with vinyl laminate.


The upper part of the wall, I think, is plastered concrete. I love the idea of highlighting these walls through the lamps.   


And look at those framed pictures or digital art posted on the walls. It kinda resembles how nature looks like during autumn. Maybe promoting Korea?
  I'm such a sucker for eccentric ceilings!  Don't you just love how it looks like sea waves rippling through the shore? I like how the ceiling panels are placed above each other. The lights seem dim and individually, can only light a specific area. That's probably why every panel has its own lighting fixture and additional spotlight lamps at the side walls.
The yellow lighting is a good marketing strategy to make the food look even more delicious. (but it really is!)

Just visit BonChon to know what I am blabbering about. HIHI. 
:)

6 comments:

  1. I so love Bonchon! Thanks for the experience! The best talaga ang Bon Chon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA. I know right! First time ko pa nung nandito ka! :)

      Delete
  2. TALAGER?! EHR MA GERD! HAHA I THOUGHT FAVE MO CYA KAYA ININVITE MO KONG KUMAIN! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kasi yung friend ko lagi niyang ineendorse sakin. Naging favorite ko siya nung tinreat mo ako! :)

      Delete
  3. Bon Chon's looking for a graphic artist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Do I meet the qualifications? HAHA :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...