Wednesday, August 8, 2012

When Prayer is the only answer


MEDIUM: INK

Since our classes were suspended for the past two days, I spent my time doodling on my notebook and watching movies. Pardon me for the low resolution of my camera and the obstruction lines on my notebook.

The Bagyong Helen brought distraught in the Philippines especially in the most affected areas, Bulacan, Marikina and Pampanga. After the storm, a southwest monsoon or habagat (as how it is called in Tagalog) followed through causing more destruction to homes near the Marikina River, areas in Pampanga and other targeted provinces. The Philippines was even given a red warning. 

I dedicate this art doodle for the Filipinos who mourned for almost a week because of the heavy rainfall and flood the storm has caused. The woman is a representation of Mother Nature praying and asking for God's providence. The disastrous event only pertains to one simple message. This moment is the perfect time to turn to God and pray. Bible verses were spread all over social networking sites saying how coincidental this catastrophe is to what happened in the story of Noah's Ark. It might be true but whatever God's plan is, He just wants us to trust and to believe in Him.

11 comments:

  1. If everyone called for Jesus, it will be over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the sun shines already:) Sana safe and dry ako kau dyan:) Super nice drawing loves it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It already did! Thank you for your prayers! >:D<

      Delete
  3. why you so creative? i tried doodling and messed up afterwards. that's all the time. haha! make a business. doodling art. :))

    JC
    awalkwithshing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you JC! I would love to if my schedule permits! :)

      Delete
  4. It's nice to know that you blog too! old-school style :D :)) hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my new obsession! I didn't know that you blog. Let's follow each other? HAHA

      Delete
  5. This is a beautiful drawing! I came across your blog and it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool! Love your style and thanks for commenting x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...