Saturday, January 12, 2013

Nuestro Padre Jesus Nazareno

Last January 9 is the Feast of the Black Nazarene. It's an old tradition for people or devotees, to celebrate it with a vigil mass the night before the feast then a procession follows the morning after. The streets around Metro Manila were crowded with million devotees, causing most of the traffic during the day.

I am not really a devotee, but I believe in the miracles of the Black Nazarene. I didn't join the procession but I witnessed the parade in our street that morning and felt that spirit of festivity!

Marching bands in colorful costumes! Pardon me if I had to post the photos in black and white. It seems legit!

We had to wait until 11:00 pm, Philippine time,  for the carroza to arrive at our street. You would really have a hard time sleeping during those hours because of the people clamoring and begging for touch on the Nazarene.

See those people groping for the rope?
From above, you can't help watch the movement of the people. You just have to go with its flow or else you'll get crushed! Harsh but true!
After the Nazarene has passed, people were still loitering around the streets, celebrating, drinking and making loud noises (quite annoying if I may say). 

It's really nice to have something to believe in. Faith, of course in God is one thing the Filipinos are really remarkable for. And I am proud to be one! :))

6 comments:

  1. nice pictures. it seems like a very interesting festival.

    oliveneedspopeye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello (:

    I've nominated YOU for the liebster award! check out my blog for more information

    http://crashingfashionshouse.blogspot.hk/2013/01/liebster-award.html

    xoxo
    natalie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalie! That's very sweet of you! :)

      Delete
  3. Hello there!
    I've nominated you to the Liebster Award.

    http://gossipcaroline.blogspot.jp/2013/01/surprise-liebster-award.html

    And I have followed you on blogspot. Hope you can follow back.

    Congrats!
    Have a good day!
    Caroline

    gossipcaroline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caroline! :)) That's really sweet of you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...