Friday, January 4, 2013

Tasting the Paradise

Sorry but I can't let this day pass without posting this restaurant review! 

Just before we head to Changi airport, we had a birthday dinner for my sister's 18th at this fancy restaurant on Ion Orchard Mall. We were supposed to eat at Ion Sky which serves one of the best Western food but it's already fully booked so we decided to go for an Asian cuisine. And so, we land on a paradise, as they have named it, Taste Paradise.

Carpet Flooring
Ever since our Interior Design subject last semester, I've been fascinated with patterns and unusual carpet designs. This one looks like red-gold dragon patterns.
You would never neglect those rectangle wood boards piled curvaceously like dominoes around the ceiling! I love its reflection  on those glass columns patterned with decorative flowers!
These tables are for the walk-ins, those who didn't made a reservation beforehand. I like the arrangement, set-up and of course, details on the furnitures!
This is for the reserved and VIPs. We just passed by this room when we went to their comfort room. Trust me, it took me a lot of courage to go back thrice from my seat just to take these photos. Haha. Some of their staff were kinda strict (that just shows how disciplined they are!).
The glow-in-the-dark butterflies were just very captivating! They look like fireflies glowing in the peak of darkness. 
A Detail from the Comfort Room's Mirror

Facing the "butterfly wall" are these lovely carvings. I've been a sucker for these details during my History of Architecture classes. 

To make you crave for food, here are some of the food we ate. Yum!

Ofcourse, this post wouldn't be complete without our family picture! 
As we exit this restaurant, you might want to take a straight walk in this path and just admire the iron-grilled work of geometrical patterns.

Another must-see, right? :)

43 comments:

  1. Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog and now I'm following you back. I lived for 3 months at SG (2008).

    Kath
    kittykittiekath.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Kath! That's good to hear!God bless you :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog... I have followed you*

    http://channichic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty! are you from the Philippines? wanna follow each other? mind to check out my new blog post and maybe drop a comment too? it would mean a lot, thank you :)
    http://thestyleidiom.blogspot.com/2013/01/au-courant.html

    xx, thestyleidiom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am! Sure I'll follow you! :) Thank you for dropping by my blog!

      Delete
  4. Wow, so luxurious! Is it Chinese food? And I'm new to blogpot. Can we follow each other? Thank you.

    Have a nice day!

    immyself123.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, it's Chinese food! Sure Jessica! :) Thanks for dropping by my blog! :)

      Delete
  5. cute blog! would you like to follow each other? let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey girl, I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. If you want to be nominated please follow this link!

    http://beautybodymind.blogspot.de/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was really sweet of you! Thank you so much! :)

      Delete
  7. Thanks for your comment in my blog. I follow you back.
    shoppingepisodes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for visiting my blog. that restaurant looks amazing :O . i'm following you.

    oliveneedspopeye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for following hun :)

    I am following you now too

    www.thesequincinderella.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for following me :) I follow you back :D

    I nominated you for the Liebster award :)
    http://japobsganbare.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mei :) That's really sweet of you.

      Delete
  11. lovely! <3

    Following you now, hope you'll follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Que lugar lindo hem?! Adorei cada detalhe.. Obrigado pela visita em meu blog, estou te seguindo aqui, e no seu twitter também, me siga de volta: @DezaHoffmann , obrigado pelo carinho e os elogios.Beijos e volte sempre :)

    Blog - http://dezahoffmannmoda.blogspot.com.br/
    Vlog - http://www.youtube.com/user/DezaHoffmann
    G+1 - https://plus.google.com/113562360150793528706/posts

    *O meu blog vai fazer 2 anos e em comemoração tem 2 sorteios la, bem fácil de participar, olha aqui: http://tinyurl.com/bkxnd97 ~ Boa sorte ~

    ReplyDelete
  13. The food looks great and the interior looks amazing! Have followed you back, thank you so much for following! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Followed back!
    Please check also my facebook page and like it if u can!

    http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/
    http://www.facebook.com/NamelessFashionBlog

    ReplyDelete
  15. great blog ! Would you like to follow each other ?

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the interior! :) thanks for the comment and keep in touch:)

    xx pauline
    classycroissant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful place! So artistic! Thank you for follow my blog beautiful! You have a new follower from South of Spain! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  18. looks so delicious !!!
    wanna do a follow for follow? :)
    charmingberryz.blogspot.com

    Keep in touch! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great review , photos and beautiful restaurant ! thank You so much Dear and of course followed back :)

    have a nice weekend ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG fantastic it was a great evening :) you have fab blog Dear :) it would so nice if we could follow each other :) just let me know I wait for you on my blog xo xo xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...